Imagine a bank that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day-to-day. Every evening it deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out all of it, of course! Each of us has such a bank. Its name is Time. Every morning it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off as lost whatever you have failed to invest to good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and success! The clock is running. Make the most of today. To realize the value of
- One year, ask a student who failed a grade.
- One month, as a mother who gave birth to a premature baby.
- One hour, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
- One week, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.
- One minute, ask a person who missed the train.
- One second, ask a person who just avoided an accident.
- One millisecond, ask the person who won an Olympic silver medal.
Value every moment you have and count it a gift from God. Treasure it by sharing it with someone special—especially your spouse and children. Remember that time waits for no one. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present. --Unknown Author